Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have arrived!

I have finally arrived in Texas! It was wonderful being able to step off the plane into this 80 degree weather and be greeted by the warm southern hospitality! Even on the flight from Chicago here, I had wonderful service and enjoyed talking to those traveling around me. For my first time flying by myself, wasn't too bad!

On the plane, as we flew over Dallas/Ft Worth airport it was eye catching as we were a few miles out to see the "open range" and few houses compared to when we got close to the city, it was a miracle for me to see grass! This is my first trip to Texas and I can already tell I am going to have a wonderful time!

When I arrived at the airport and headed towards the baggage claim, I couldn't believe who I happened to see. I am how many miles from home and I ran into someone I knew! How ironic! I just so happened to look up after zipping up my purse and saw a face I hadn't seen in a while. It was Gale Cunningham, farm broadcaster for WITY Radio in Danville, Illinois. Gale and I go way back as my family and I bought my very first horse from him when I was just 9 years old. So long time friendship!

After arriving at the Hyatt, I began settling in and getting ready for the evening festivities! Brooke arrived and it was a pleasure meeting her for the first time! We both also had the privilege of meeting Tyne Morgan and Kate Sauer for the first time whom which work for Monsanto in Public Affairs/Communications. Brooke and I both met some other Monsanto employees and knew from that point this trip is going to be full of excitement!



No comments:

Post a Comment